If you’re worried about your child, or another young people, and think they have been affected by crime then there are a number of things you can do.
It’s important to remember that not all young people will react the same way, so here are some tips to get them talking:
- Make sure that they know they can talk to you
- Give them the time and listen to what they say
- Don’t judge them
- Ask them how you can help
- Don’t push them, let them make their own decisions
- Find out what support is available – such as through us at the Victim Support Line
If you want to talk through the concerns you’ve got and want to get some advice about how you can help this young person, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.